ADVOCACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS
Caring Volunteers Network will join forces with other civil society organizations to organize advocacy campaigns violence against women, Anti-corruption campaigns, early child marriage, Female Genital Mutilation, and all forms of gender-based violence. We will also collaborate with persons living with disabilities to ensure their rights are protected under the laws of Ghana. Advocacy work can be effective and mainstreamed into all our program areas through the following steps.
- Assist community members to clearly identify issues of advocacy.
- To promote women’s rights, welfare and empowerment.
- Train women’s groups on preventing all forms of gender-based violence.
- Participatory analysis of advocacy issues by community members, all program officers and human rights education officers when the need arises.
- Mobilizing and sensitizing the critical mass to take actions on the issues affecting them.