Job Title: Project Management Intern
Reporting to: Director
Summary: CAVNET works for the upliftment of the poor and the disadvantaged communities in Upper West Region by increasing their access to resources and skills in a sustainable manner. It is currently implementing projects supported by donors in areas of education, environment, WASH and livelihood development.
The Project Manager will provide support to the team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation, capacity building support (training and facilitation) and coordination with the local partner to implement the projects. The post requires working closely with the team members and the local partner organizations.
LOCATION: Wa, Ghana
The Project Management Intern will:
- Develop and oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor and the field staff
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the donor.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based projectbudgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with volunteers in the project
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in development planning, project management, social sciences or related area of studies
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience supporting issues of education, agriculture/livelihood and WASH
- Good understanding/knowledge of the local context and sensitivities
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Analytical skills;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- A positive problem-solving approach;
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
To apply please email with full CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria to: email@example.com [please use subject heading: Ref: Project Management Intern
Deadline for applications: 5th June, 2017
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.