The poor are mostly affected when there is disaster, famine, and labor crisis. In the case of disaster, or famine, the situation is worsened and it is hardly to see the poor demanding for their rights to livelihoods security. However, the realization of basic food security is militated against the following factors.
- Inadequate access and affordability to farm inputs.
- Inadequate agricultural extension services.
- Inadequate alternative sources of livelihood.
- Low income status of our people.
- Migration down south due to only one farming season.
- Short or erratic rainfall pattern.